We are celebrating Thanksgiving a day later this year (at least food wise) because Thursday is a workday in Dubai. Not much of surprise considering it is an American holiday – but it didn’t stop me from thinking about all of the things I’m grateful for. I could go on-and-on about thankfulness – especially considering all the recent changes in my life – but here’s a few thoughts I wanted to share for those of you who follow this blog regularly:
I am thankful for:
- YOU. Yes, you (my friends and family) have made all the difference in *my* world. In spite of all the miles that separate us, you continue to support me mentally & emotionally – and – I simply can’t thank you enough.
- Jordon. You have been my rock during this transition and I will forever be grateful for the night you woke me to tell me you were coming with me to Dubai. I love you husband of mine.
- Skype and Skype dates. I can’t tell you how much closer to home it makes me feel. For those of you who haven’t downloaded it yet… what’s the hold up?
- Rob taking care of our cats & home in North Carolina. I am not worried about either one of them and that security is priceless. Thank you for being a part of our family.
- Rob and Tyler for making my husband laugh, curse and continue to stay up late nights watching hockey and playing video games. This piece of home keeps him sane, grounded, and happy. Thank you.
- Peace College being flipped upside down and forcing me to take my first step into the unknown. Carolyn your mentorship, friendship, and advice has helped me get to the place I am today. Thank you.
- Friends, students, and alumnae “from” Peace College. You continue to inspire me with your strength, dedication, and true Peace spirit (regardless if you are still there or not). I adore each and every one of you. Joys & Concerns – that’s you. Communications Department I miss working together. Design students (and alumnae) you will always have my heart.
- My time at Kelly MarCom and the once-in-a-lifetime friendships born from that experience. I look forward to coming home to NC in the Summer and catching up on everything.
- Learning the value of fresh food, home cooked meals, and the grocery stores filled with familiar foods from back home.
- DVD’s Jordon brought with him. Especially the series 30 Rock, Community, Flight of the Concords, Friends and Seinfeld. This is all we watch in the evenings and I love it.
- New friends, students, and colleagues – who have already taught me so much about myself, the world, and unyielding generosity. You have made my transition to Dubai not only easy, but better than I could have ever hoped for.
- MGC. I miss you each and every day.
- D3. Starting in high school and ending in a nursing home as old cranky ladies, I will always love sharing my life with you.
- Mum + Gavin. Ryan. Shawn + Shelby + 1. Nora + the kids. Lynn + Barry. Kevin + Kathy + Matt. Grandma + Aunts + Uncles. With you, I’ll complete this list – because in the end, doesn’t it all comes back to family?
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.